Monday, October 18, 2010

MRI: More Restlessness Inflicted

So I called the pediatrician's office this morning, then waited for the nurse to call me back. I then had to relay to her my questions for Dr. A. "So what exactly is causing the lumps on my toddler's head? Is there something scary that we just couldn't see on an x-ray?" I waited a couple hours again for her to call me back. When the nurse called she said Dr. A had talked to the radiologist who interpreted Toby's x-ray. Somehow they arrived at the conclusion that Toby should have a follow-up MRI on his head. I don't know if this is because they really suspect something scary, or if they're being extra careful, or if they're just trying to satisfy me to get me off their case.

The appointment is set for next Tuesday morning. I am glad that Toby will have the MRI. I think it is what I need to set my mind at ease. I need to hear someone tell me exactly what's inside those bumps and that it's not going to hurt him. At least that's what I think they will say...what I hope they will say. I just need to stay away from the Internet research and keep myself busy until then--not usually a problem with my line-up of responsibilities.

For the next week my days will go something like this: laundry, breakfast, "Is that a bump on his spine now?" dishwasher, laundry, shower, look at spine again, bake gf bread, laundry, stop self from looking up "bump on spine" on Internet, opt to write in blog instead, help Hannah with workbook, read book to Emma, laundry, dinner, bedtime, and a little laundry. Only a slight deviation from normal, but I'll rest easier once we get clear results next Wednesday or Thursday.

MRI:

My Reasoning Incited?
More Restlessness Inflicted
May Relieve Irrational fears

No comments:

Post a Comment