Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lumpy Head Picture Gallery

So to go with my post last night I followed Toby around with a camera this morning and tried to take some pictures of the bumps on his head. There are three inherent problems with this: 1) Toby is a moving target. 2) There is still some hair on his head. 3) Everytime the flash went off it seemed to wash out the bumps in the picture to just a shiny white spot. So, you can't really understand them unless you feel them. But here are some pictures anyway.

Bump over right ear
Bump over left ear

Bumps on lower left side of head
More bumps on left
Left again
And you can see at least one behind
the ear on the right

For comparison here are a couple pictures from his first haircut in March:
No sign of bumps there
or on the right

So now you can see the strange new bumps I'm talking about--not that that gets us any futher with knowing what they are, but at least you understand me better.

7 comments:

  1. Just looking at the bumps....and the high chair...and your comments about the "table tyrrant"...I have a question....could this area of his head now line up with more of the edge of his high chair? Does he throw his head back when he has a "fit"? It doesn't take much of a blow to create swelling on the skull. Just a thought. You have probably ruled this out already.

    But the other part of my thought on this is that swellings go down, which probably would not explain the "growth" in the bumps that you are seeing/feeling.

    Well...just some thoughts. I hope you get more answers from the doctor today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an intersting thought, but nope. His tirades are quite verbal, involve lots of twisting and turning, and sometimes involve food and cup flinging, but no head-banging.

    Matt and I have seen him bang his forehead on things when he's mad, but not the back of his head, unless he's doing it when we're not looking.

    And, I agree with you that swellings would go down, and they would feel softer. These bumps are hard as bone and appear to be growing. The MRI next Tues should give us some answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering did you ever find out what was the reason for the lumps on your sons head .. my son is 6 and has the exact same lump over his right ear and back of his head and one toward the front of his head right behind his forehead I've been really worried about them and been researching until I can get him seen by a Dr in a few weeks ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby is six years old now too. In our case, he just has a lumpy skull for no discernible reason. I worried about those lumps so much, but his MRI came back totally fine and they've never caused him any trouble. I would certainly have the doctor check your son, but try not to worry. I hope it turns out not to be a problem for him as well.

      Delete
  4. I'm 33 and have had a head with a few more lumps then that, but the ones he does have I have as well.💙 I'm native, irish, and french decent. I feel it's just in the DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 33 and have had a head with a few more lumps then that, but the ones he does have I have as well.💙 I'm native, irish, and french decent. I feel it's just in the DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my 2 years old son have lumps just like that and am worried about it I don't know if that is a normal thing in kids but my son eat well n he is very active I went to a lot of doctors already and the say it is OK nothing to worried about but am still worried

    ReplyDelete