Thursday, September 16, 2010

Under Chinese

Hannah made up a little song about a year ago that has become an all-time favorite in our house. It's set roughly to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It."

On top of the house is the sky
On top of the house is the sky
No word about me
Sic-silla-sic-see
On top of the house is the sky

This morning, while I was brushing my hair and teeth, I heard Hannah singing some new verses.

And under the house is the world
And under the house is the world...

And under the world is Chinese
And under the world is Chinese...

And under Chinese is my mom
And under Chinese is my mom
No word about me
Sic-silla-sic-see
And under Chinese is my mom

I wondered why I had been banished to orbit under China as I finished pulling my hair into a pony-tail. I didn't have to ask, though. As soon as I emerged Hannah said, "I need some breakfast, and I was waiting so long I thought you were under Chinese!"

No comments:

Post a Comment