Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pocketful of Paper Presents

To celebrate my 31st birthday, Matt's family planned a little impromptu surprise party for me, complete with a gluten-free dairy-free cake and dairy free ice cream for Naomi. I was impressed, and blessed by their thoughtfulness. Last night the joy continued as I opened an enormous mound of presents created entirely with paper, tape, yarn, and love. There was a hat, scarf, and necklace for me:


Some pretty papers, a book that Hannah had made called "The Pink Door", and a pile of computer paper all wrapped up just for me to use--the girls swore they wouldn't steal this stack of paper for crafts, which is a real sacrifice for them:


Naomi made me my own baby doll gift set (in case I feel the need to care for another baby), complete with a purple outfit, bib, pacifier, and swaddling blanket:


There was a vase of flowers, a pretty polka-dot cat, and a butterfly card with candy in it:


I also received my own cardboard horse, with movable joints that pivot around bits of plastic drinking straw, designed entirely by Naomi:


The inside of Naomi's butterfly card reads, "Dear Mommy, your the best Mommy ever. I hope you have a great birthday. Love, Naomi"


I even received a medal, which I will wear with pride, "Best Mommy Ever."


I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment