Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hannah's Take on The Baby Miracle

"Do you know what the greatest miracle that God does is?" Hannah asked her sister Naomi. "It's that you can only have a baby when you're married, and marrying is just going into a church, and giving each other rings, and promising to love each other forever. I don't know why that should make a baby, so I think that's a great miracle. Don't you?"

"Well, I'll tell you one reason why you have to be married," Naomi replied. "It's that it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby."

"But I think that sometimes if the mommy and daddy are just friends for a long time before they get married they get a baby," Hannah responded. "I think that happens sometimes, but I don't know why."

Naomi wrinkled up her face, "I'm not so sure about that."

I'm quite relieved to report that the conversation ended there, and did not make it's way to me for further explanation. I'm hoping it doesn't resurface for a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment