Friday, March 11, 2011

An Empty Pig and Unspeakable Excitement

After a couple days of weighing their options, the girls decided to cash in their piggy bank and some of Hannah's birthday money for four tickets to a ballet which will be in town tomorrow. I think it is a magnificent choice. Usually we end up wandering the aisles of Wal-Mart searching for something to spend that birthday money on that won't leave them feeling disappointed in a day or two. Craft supplies have been a wonderful staple, but we already have more than we can use. So this time I suggested that we spend the money on an experience that we can all share together and a memory that we will treasure. They can't wait!

Every teller in the bank smiled today when Naomi heaved that jingling pink pig up on the counter, with Hannah and Toby watching. (Emma was at speech preschool.) Tonight I reminded the girls that tomorrow Daddy would not have to go to work, and that in the evening we would be spending some special Mommy-daughter time together attending a ballet, while Toby and Daddy stayed home and wrestled. "Tomorrow's just going to be a great day!" Naomi sighed.

And this was Hannah's bedtime prayer, "Dear Lord, thank you that we can go to a ballet tomorrow. I'm too, too, too excited. I'm so excited that I can't even speak. In Jesus' name, Amen." I cracked up laughing, to which Hannah responded, "What's so funny?"

"You are," I said, but really I was thinking that I have yet to see anything for which Hannah is too excited to speak. Usually it works quite the opposite way! Let us hope the ballet is all they are dreaming of, but I'll be happy just getting a break from little Mr. T and making a memory with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment