Saturday, August 11, 2012

Waiting Mountain and Watching the Sisters

"How many more days until soccer?" Hannah asked with angst this morning, as she does at least daily.

"Good news, Hannah," I consoled her, "you've waited 1 1/2 weeks since we told you you would be playing soccer this fall, and you only have 1 1/2 weeks more to wait."

Matt added, "If you think of it like a mountain, you've already climbed up the whole mountain, and now all you have to do is climb back down, and you'll be in soccer valley."

Hannah threw her head back in a dramatic psuedo-faint, "But I could die coming down, you know. It's hard to come down too."

Tune in in 1 1/2 weeks to see if Hannah lives until soccer season.

In other news, I'm letting the cool fall-feeling air in the screen door today. Toby, noticing that it felt very inviting out there informed me, "We could go outside and play out there some time today. We could. Maybe later we could."

I smiled at him, feeling his longing, and said, "Maybe later, buddy, but I have to make lunch now."

He stood another moment, gazing out at the luscious green play place just beyond his reach, then added, "I'll have to keep an eye on the sisters, so they don't open that latch and go out there to play."

Good boy, Toby. Glad you're here to help. What would I do without him?

No comments:

Post a Comment